What is spiritual strength? To put it simply, it’s knowing you don’t have to compromise yourself in any way — with anyone, over anything — in order to be content, confident, and secure in life.
Here are seven proven ways to increase this special kind of strength. Study them with the wish to uncover their secrets. Practice at least one every day. You’ll discover that by disconnecting yourself from the fears and doubts that compromise your life, you are re-connecting yourself to a new kind of power that never abandons you in your hour of need.
- Refuse to revisit your own past for a way out of any present problem.
- Say no to anyone or anything that you fear saying no to.
- Never explain yourself to anyone out of fear they may misjudge you.
- Learn to see your own defensiveness toward others as an offense against your own right to be fearless.
- Whenever possible, realize that the person you are about to argue with is in as much pain as you are.
- Never accept any negative reaction within yourself as the only possible answer to your present challenge.
- Remember that everything you resist in life increases its weight by the magnitude of thought spent in not wanting it, so accept all that you can and quietly drop the rest.
Persist with these spiritual practices, and you will see old doubts turn into new certainties, and dark fears replaced with a bright fearlessness.